Thursday, September 16, 2010

Doula doula!

First post on my Tumblr Doula blog!! I have decided to keep a blog/journal as I began the process to become a Labour and Postpartum Doula (labour coach/midwife assistant)! I am very excited to take classes and learn all about how to help women through childbirth!

If all goes as planned, I’ll start the Labor Support Course for Birth Doulas on September 22nd at Bastyr University. Bastyr recently took over the Seattle Midwifery School and is offering Continuing Education classes in Doula training. Futher down the line, I would love to become a Midwife.

After classes, I will need to help out at 20 births before becoming certified with the Doula of North America organization. As soon as I am certified, I am in business and start my new career!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment